As a result of the ongoing health crisis, and in consideration of the safety and wellness of our members, WYSA is suspending all sanctioned activities through April 30, 2020.
The impact on state championships is as follows:
- There will be no qualifying (play in games) for the Spring State Cup event.
- Instead, teams seeded 1-16 will enter the tournament directly and those teams seeded 16+ may choose to participate in Presidents Cup if they’re not already registered.
- Please note, certain age groups (G14U, B15U, B18U & B19U) will accept seeds 1-12, which is based on the total number of tournament applications in that age group and those teams seeded 12+ may choose to participate in President Cup.
- A list of the qualified teams can be found here, those teams not advancing to group play of the State Championship tournament are highlighted in Green.
- At 16U and 17U boys the decision was made to extent the group play format from twelve teams to sixteen teams with teams being placed in 4 team groups with only group winners advancing to semi-finals and finals.
- Application to the President Cup is open until 3/27 for the impacted teams. President Cup group play is scheduled for May 16-17 at SCORE and semi-finals and finals on May 30-31 at Uihlein Soccer park. Over one hundred teams are currently registered for the tournament making it our largest to date. Your club coach/manager has been provided with the link to register.
2020 Spring State Championships placements
- The deadline for team explanations is Tuesday, March 3rd at 9:00am
- Teams will have 48 hours from the time of seeds being posted to request an explanation of their seeding. Teams that elect to appeal their seeding will have 24 hours from the time of the response to their inquiry by a State Championships representative to file a formal appeal of seeding.
Boys 13U 19U | Girls 13U-14U
Group Play | May 23–25 | Scheels USA Youth | Appleton, WI
Semi-Finals | May 30 | Woodside Sports Complex | Wisconsin Dells, WI
Finals | May 31 | Woodside Sports Complex | Wisconsin Dells, WI
13–14U | $850
15-16U | $875
17-19U | $900
Fee includes referee fees for all games
Depending on the number of games play-in games must be played April 18, 19, 25, 26. If only one or two rounds of play-in games are required they will be played April 25, 26; if three or four rounds are required both weekends will be used. Higher ranked teams will host the play-in games or if a neutral location is needed both teams will split the facility rental.
Group Play Weekend Hotel Accommodations